Thursday 7 June 2007

Of Stars and Roses


Having read my friend's blog (since I had nothing to do and merely out of habit as I believe he is to mine) and spoken with some old friends whom I have talked with that have suffered relationship breakdowns in their lives, one cant help but ponder at the ultimate gain of it all. From what I hear, the opinions are diverse and many: Some claim that it is the memories you truely want to treasure and continue which will last a lifetime while the hurts will sting for only a moment; Others claim that it is these very memories that cause the hurt to last forever. Others look at relationships similar to shopping for clothes - there are plenty of clothings out there, which one's gonna fit me just right and will I be able to afford it? But then isnt that assuming that people are a 'single' size and cant 'stretch' for you? And where does love come in all of this?

I believe in many instances, life's all about taking and losing...and maybe the occasional giving if you are a believer in altruism (talked abt in my first post in regards to selfishness); but ultimately, happiness gained comes with a price, that of loss. When we stand to gain anything good, we create a chance for us to lose it causing hurt/loss equal, if not worst, to your original gain. Some move ahead without preparing themselves for this (which I dont blame since it's kinda depressing), blinded by the joys of a new relationship, then blinks, as the euphoria and pink lights fades away, in confusion at what went wrong and who was to blame for it.

In reality, the highs of relationships never lasts forever (that's why they're called 'highs') and as people within a relationship get to know each other more both good and bad aspects will reveal themselves; obstacles that will inevitably arise to jepordize your relationship. But that doesnt mean that such happy moments are worthless, when those obstacles appear, be it something you didnt know abt the other, a trait you dont like or even another contender to your bid for love (korean drama T.T); I think it is these happy moments that are meant to help tide you through. Needless to say, this is an effort that must stem from both sides, a relationship sustained through the efforts of only one, be it how strong, will not last. When a relationship fails it isnt suprising that such happy memories are laced with dissapointment, a supporting pillar in the bridge that couldnt withstand the storm. And with each successful survival of the storm, comes recovery which usually strengthens the bonds of the relationships (that is if the relationship survived and if the recovery was allowed to fully take place). Obviously Im simplifying the matter a great deal, whole books are probably written abt this issue and there are probably many other factors that can come into play.

But the question I've been trying to answer is a specific one: Is anyone really to blame? And the answer I've come to so far is, no. Perhaps from a micro, individuals' perspective, the breaking up of a relationship may seem unfair; but from a macro, it's ultimately a matter of wanting the best for yourself. You cant blame another for wanting a better life/relationship, since you want the same and for every sheep, there will always be a greener and better pasture. Theres still a ton to think and talk about but I gotta get back to work T.T. What can I say to those whose hearts have been hurled back at them? Pick it up, dont try to change the other person, seriously reflect if that person is worth going after/changing for and if not, it's time to return to that seemingly endless road and continue looking for that perfect star in the sky.

Manga of the day: Fairy Tail. Starring genres of Fantasy, Action and Shounen; Follow Natsu, a fire mage who was trained and brought up by a dragon, as he searches for his 'father' and accomplishs missions for his guild with a determination and heart that couldnt help but made me think of Luffy from One Piece XD. (those of you that havnt watched one piece, go get it ASAP!) http://www.kefi.org/fairy.php

In regards to the IRC tutorial I promised and more about the mysterious WoW, that shall come when time permits (which probably won't be anytime soon :P)

"Getting a girlfriend is like getting a pet, you gotta spend time with it, walk it, talk with it, feed it and train it" - A very very naive 14 year-old boy. (He probably had no idea what the last part really meant)

9 comments:

Brennan See said...

*Chuckles* Josh, I don't mean to say that you're wrong. But you're totally disregarding the human aspect of it. Dreams, Romance, Hope... You're view is kinda cold and calculating. *winks*

Bane Of Chaos said...

Nooooo.....I dont call Risque, Brenn in game do I? DO I??? (well maybe sometimes by accident >.>)

^---(Inside joke for those who dont get it)

But well I did say I was simplifying the matter a whole lot which was probably why it sounded 'cold' and 'calculating'. And given that my blog posts are annoyingly long enough as it is (as everyone tells me >.>), I decided to cover the logical/analytic aspect of it; mainly cuz I believe that's fundametally the first step to take if one was to go anywhere X)

And imo you're gonna need resolve for any real hope to materalize. Hope's something you make not, something that floats down from the sky; in the end it still boils down to an assesment if it's worth the trouble at all...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

haha... actually, you don't really need IRC to download manga (not all the time anyway)...
just came across this page, which offers direct downloads for a wide range of manga (some of the series are more updated that #lurk, it seems)
enjoy =p
http://www.mangatraders.com/

later.

Bane Of Chaos said...

Hey, that's a pretty nice site there, thing is I've gotten 6 402 errors so far with that site T.T, maybe its just my luck but yeah... I'll add this site link to my blog still, thnx for the input XD

PS: Irc is still faster /bonk

Unknown said...

6 402 errors
^
LAWL

It took me about ten minutes trying to read my post. T_T

And er, I'll ttyl since I LIVE RIGHT NEXT DOORWTF

<3,
me.

By the way, whose comment did you delete? O:>
Oh yeah, and TTMLYBMS.

Unknown said...

*trying to read YOUR post, I meant.

Lol, narcissistic much?

Bane Of Chaos said...

Theres nothing wrong with being narcissistic my young friend, whats disturbing is when there's hardly anything to be narcissistic about which tugs at the imagination of the others' mind...

Hence nightmares were born...

*shudders*

Unknown said...

well... the deleted comment was a double post.. my bad >.<